This course has been developed for the SADC Groundwater Management Institute (SADC-GMI) in cooperation with IGRAC.
The objective of this course is to train groundwater professionals to use GIS for groundwater applications, such as:
The course is divided in three topics that you can find in the tabs:
- Finding Open Data for groundwater applications
- Mapping groundwater related features from existing maps and using a field data collection app
- Design maps for printing and upload to SADC-GIP
- Spatial analysis using map algebra
These skills are fundamental for visualizing and analyzing groundwater data. It is also a prerequisite for sharing groundwater data in online Spatial Data Infrastructure platforms like the SADC Groundwater Information Portal (SADC-GIP). The course is designed for hydrogeologists with basic GIS skills.
- Gathering and sharing data
- Field data collection
- Data analysis
Beginners can find tutorials and training material on GIS here:A good practice document for sharing groundwater data is available here.
2 Books, 2 Folders