Input comes with built-in functionality to seamlessly synchronise your
projects and data through Mergin.
In this section we'll synchronize the project from the previouse sections with the Mergin cloud service.
1. In your file explorer go to the project folder and remove every file except:
that we created mbtiles and other intermediate layers. Everything
should be now in the GeoPackage, so you can safely remove these files.
Note that a GeoPackage is one file, but here we have 3 files. The 2
other files are only there when you have you QGIS project open. Once you
close it they'll be gone. Mergin will not synchronise these temporary
2. Go to your internet browser and sign up to Mergin (https://public.cloudmergin.com/).
3. In QGIS install the Mergin plugin.
4. Restart QGIS and load the project.
5. In the Browser panel you'll now find a Mergin folder.
6. Click right on Mergin and choose Configure.
7. A new window will appear:
8. Click OK to return to the Browser panel.
Now you can see under Mergin:
Now let's add our project.
9. Click right on Mergin and choose Create new project.
11. Click OK.
Now your project will be synchronized with Mergin.
When the synchronisation is completed successfully you'll see this popup.
12. Click Close.
Now you'll find the project under My projects.
means that it's also a local project.
means that the project is available in the cloud but not locally.
The project is now also visible in the web browser:
you click on the project you'll see it only contains the GeoPackage.
Note that for synchronisation to you mobile phone in the next step you
need the space that is mentioned, here 30.66 MB.
Now we're ready to synchronize the project with the Input app on the mobile phone. We'll eplain that in the next section.