This tutorial will first present some theory on map algebra and will introduce the PCRaster Environmental Modelling Language.
The tutorial contains three Jupyter Notebook tutorials:
- Map algebra for finding inaccessible wells in a study area
- Interpolation of borehole data using Inverse Distance Weighting (IDW) and Thiessen methods
- Stream and catchment delineation
The first one will be run online. The other two will be run locally. You'll learn how to install the Miniconda distribution, create an environment with the necessary libraries and run Jupyter Notebooks in Jupyter Labs from the Miniconda prompt.
After this module you'll be able to:
- Explain the concepts of map algebra
- Convert rasters using GDAL in Python
- Use PCRaster in Python for map algebra
- Use PCRaster for interpolations
- Use PCRaster for stream and catchment delineation